Email marketing and newsletters are a practical and economical way to keep in contact with your clients and fans. That is – if your emails are being read.
The business of sending newsletters or email blasts is tricky. Spamcatchers are everywhere and your emails may be getting caught and trashed before they even reach their destination. Viewers all use different email software, so you have to make sure they will end up seeing your email the way they intended, instead of a broken tangled mess.
Then finally there is the writing itself. Is your newsletter compelling people to read it? All the way through? Geez – are they even being opened?
One way to make sure your email marketing campaigns are working is by thorough testing. That’s why companies that specialize in email marketing tend to get it right. They have plenty of time to test, refine, then test again. Not to mention keep up with all the tech changes in the industry.
So, when these smart companies put out their own newsletters full of tips and advice, I say we should listen.
Here is a list I have compiled of industry best practices, strategies and resources for email marketing campaigns by some of the most reputable or popular email marketing service providers or experts out there.
Following the advice of these guys should mean a very successful newsletter campaign:
- Email Strategies from Thindata this Toronto company has been handling the campaigns for some pretty highfalutin’ companies. Sign up for their free newsletter.
- Constant Contact Learning Centre and Live Webinars – Constant Contact became one of the most popular email marketing companies because of its free service for mailing lists with less than 50 members. They continue to stay in the lead by offering these handy resources.
- Best Practices from Email Labs offers a most comprehensive list.
- Email Marketing Tips from Email Address manager is a nice collection of articles written across the web.
- Top 21 email marketing information sources is a grandaddy of lists of some hardcore Email Marketing gurus and experts. Prepare to go deep.
Remember, “out of sight, out of mind,” so make regular contact with your clients through an email marketing campaign a part of your marketing strategy.
[tags] email marketing tips, online marketing, newsletters, best practices [/tags]
Strange Duck Media runs on the Genesis framework
Genesis empowers you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress. Whether you're a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go. It's that simple - start using Genesis now!