Here are some old faves and soon to become classics for Search Engine Optimization Advice and how tos.
- Jill Whalen of High Rankings has always been a fave of mine for decent no nonsense advice, and her Search Engine Optimization articles are great and kept up-to-date. Her site is always listed on Google’s first page of results for the search terms “Search engine optimization”, a highly competitive field, so you know she has to be good. She’s recently started a forum dedicated to SEO questions which is very active and in which she participates often. Highly recommended.
- Aaron Wall’s SEO book has become “the book” when it comes to best Search Engine Practices. He also blogs regularly about SEO, offers cool tools on his site, and is even making video tutorials on SEO practices.
- These SEO Chat Forums are comprehensive, active, alive and friendly. They helped me out and delivered the sad news gently that I may not ever know why I got kicked out of Google. I also found a great Glossary of SEO Terms in there, which is great for beginnners.
- Connected Internet blog brought to my attention this just released document called Search Engine Ranking Factors, as listed on seomoz.com. It is culled from the wisdom and knowledge of 37 experts in the search engine optimisation field, including Aaron Wall and Jill Whalen, and is sure to become the new canon.
- Matt Cutts’, who heads Google’s Webspam team, has become the unofficial face of Google. That’s because he’s the only face we can see in the closed Google world.
- And from the horse’s tight-lipped mouth itself, there’s Google Webmaster Help
If you have any favourites, please add them to the comments.
Strange Duck Media runs on the Genesis framework
Genesis empowers you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress. Whether you're a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go. It's that simple - start using Genesis now!