What about the importance of the MSN Search Engine? How important is that in our Search Engine Optimization program and for getting traffic to our site?
While Google is the undisputed king of the searches, the MSN Search Engine still gets 5-10%. Considering there are millions of searches performed, that’s a lot.
It reminds me of an early internet marketing tale where Disney scrapped a web site built in Flash because the plugin only had 93% penetration. “Why would I not want to sell to 7% of millions of people?” was the logic. That’s hard to argue with.
So, yes and abs0lutely. Do optimize for the MSN Search Engine. And here are a few tips on how to do that from my bud Frank Carr. Frank writes about internet marketing and how to Earn Online Cash – because he knows how.
- The MSN search engine likes clean HTML code – so try and be error free
- MSN still takes meta tags into account especially the Description tag.
- Use strong and bold tags for your keywords.
- MSN doesn’t like subdomains as much as the others, so Blogger blogs will have some trouble, but doesn’t mind hyphens in the domain names.
- MSN isn’t concerned with page rank or authority, so an inbound link is a link is a link. And you want links.
I’ve just summarized a few of the tips Frank writes about in his article. Read the complete article Earn Online Cash By Optimizing for MSN Search Engine for more details and tips on how to get more traffic from the MSN Search Engine.
[tags]MSN Search Engine, MSN Live Search, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, internet marketing for bands [/tags]
Strange Duck Media runs on the Genesis framework
Genesis empowers you to quickly and easily build incredible websites with WordPress. Whether you're a novice or advanced developer, Genesis provides the secure and search-engine-optimized foundation that takes WordPress to places you never thought it could go. It's that simple - start using Genesis now!